Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world. Annie Lennox – singer
If you’ve been anywhere near the Internet, or the news, today you can’t possibly have missed that it’s International Kindness Day. I don’t know about you but I try to be kind to people, ‘stand in their shoes’, ‘treat people as you’d like to be treated yourself’… I don’t always get kindness back, but hey that’s their problem not mine. But, what I do know is being kind, helps me be a better person. It also helps when the world around us looks dark, whether it’s Trump, Brexit or people breaking laws.
One of the best things I found today was the 2017 Kindness Advent Calendar from Helen at Make Today Make Today Happy. Have a look!
One of the mantras you often hear, is to list things you’re grateful for, this can be very difficult to do when you’re in the pit of depression or crippled by anxiety. There’s an organisation that helped me through the dark times, The Blurt Foundation – they know alot about #self-care too.
Today I’m grateful for:
- My Chap and my family all around the world.
- My friends some I’ve known for decades and some arrived in my life more recently.
- In particular, my Women’s Institute pals most of whom I’ve only known a few years. They’re awesome, inspiring women – come along if you’re local Cottonopolis Women’s Institute – Ancoats, Manchester.
- Have a look at our national HQ for a local group – we’re not what you think we are about. Alleviating Loneliness is one of our resolutions for 2018.
- The NHS
- Yoga and mindfulness
- And all the people in my phone – most of whom I’ll never meet who help me – The Sparkle crew who are a lovely bunch as are the Rock and Roll Bride team and the ladies who love irregular choice shoes.
So my #365daysofselfcare for today:
- is to help some people out in the forums with queries about things I know about (gardening, wedding queries especially about getting a non-tradional dress made, job applications, health issues).
- And virtual hugs for people to far away for a real hug – I hug by husband every day too.
- and I’m going to tell people about the Kindness Advant Calender.
And in case you were wondering? our confetti was lavender from our garden 🙂
So how are you going to spread kindness like confetti?
Love Bec xx xx xx