Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort.
– Deborah Day, Author Be Happy Now
I’m really looking forward to joining with The Blurt Foundation #blurtselfcareathon in April. I really enjoyed doing #blurtmerrycalmness it’s helped my #mindfulness practice, helped my #wellbeing and finding words and photos to represent each word.
It will mostly run on Instagram, but I thought I’d do some over view posts here too.
I’ve got lots of ideas of what pictures to take and what I want to write about to fit with the daily theme. I find that having a concept to think about each day, makes me think more mindfully. I do know that taking photos, being outside and being in the moment helps me enormously with my anxiety and living with chronic pain from arthritis
I’ve done a couple of these photo prompts before:
- December 2017 – #blurtmerrycalmness
- January 2018 – #savouringJanuary – @gabrielletreanor – Gabrielle writes about wellbeing, slowing down and self care, being in the moment, mindfulness advice for overthinkers (like me). I really enjoyed this photo prompt too but I’ll write about this another time.
Want to get involved with #blurtselfcareathon?
I’ve been discussing the #blurtselfcareathon on a peer support group on Facebook and some people were a bit stuck about what photos to take and what to write about.
So I thought I’d write a post showing some of my photos for the December prompts. I hope you find it helpful.
- You don’t need to post every day – there’s no pressure with this.
- If you want to keep things more private there are closed facebook pages – or just email yourself
- It’s your selfcare – do it your way 🙂
- It’s can be a good idea to look back to see what you wrote – and see how far you’ve come.
- in some ways these photos prompts are a bit like a diary/journal
- For me taking photos are part of my self care but they don’t need to look ‘instagramable’ or ‘touched up’. It really doesn’t matter what photo you use to represent your ideas.
- have fun with it 🙂
- go at your pace – catch up or skip days if you want to.
- Have a look around the hashtag
Here’s the prompts for December 2017 – #blurtmerrycalmness